ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION OF FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICTS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Created Spring 2012, Revised Fall 2012 – Jennifer Tibbitts, Document creator
The Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts Foundation is an educational and charitable foundation organized for the purpose of advancing the Illinois fire service through fire protection district trustees, administrators and personnel who provide emergency services to the citizens of Illinois. The Foundation was formed in 2003 to:
- educate the general public on fire prevention and safety
- establish and maintain a scholarship program to promote the field of fire science in Illinois
- conduct research in the field of fire science
- assist in ensuring that fire service administrators and personnel receive proper training and equipment to adequately serve the citizens of IL.
To apply for this scholarship students must:
- be a resident of the state of Illinois
- have completed a WIU fire education course the past semester with a passing grade
- be enrolled in a WIU fire education course the current semester
- be employed (volunteer, paid on call, or full time) at a fire department that is a member of the Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts
- be in good standing with the University
A $500 award is available for both the fall and spring semester. The full $500 award will be applied to the student’s account when it is disbursed.
This scholarship is not renewable, and a student may not receive this award more than once.
Recipients w fill be selected by the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach. Contact the department (specifically Jen Tibbitts if possible) for specific dates. (309)298-1929 or email@example.com
Preference will be given for academic performance.